Rhode Island 2013 Holiday Events for the Naughty and Nice
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Holiday Events for the Naughty and Nice
A Christmas Carol
Check out this Christmas classic at Trinity Rep! Appealing to audiences young and old alike, this tale about the power of forgiveness is perfect for families to remember the true meaning of the holidays. Resident acting company favorite Fred Sullivan, Jr. stars in the role of Scrooge.
Click here for tickets. Trinity Repertory Company, 201 Washington St., Providence.
A Deadly Christmas Carol
For real Scrooges, here's the slightly darker (but still hysterical) version. Back for it's 22nd year, Scrooge will meet his maker in this Dickens spoof at Murder On Us Theatre. Grab a group of friends for a Christmas party with a twist! Book early; these tickets go fast.
December 20-22 & 27-28. Ticket price of $49.95 includes 4-course dinner/show/tax/tip/valet parking. 123 Empire St. Providence.
A Christmas Sojourn: An Evening of Sacred Music for the Holiday Season
Join the Pawtuxet Valley Community Chorus, baritone Nicholas R. Laroche, and organist Stephen A. Romano for an uplifting holiday concert at Blessed Sacrament Church. Proceeds will be donated to the St. Jude's Children's Hospital as a Christmas Memorial.
7-8:30pm, Friday, Dec. 20.Tickets are $10 and may be purchased at the door. In case of snow, the performance will be rescheduled for Sunday, Dec. 22, 3 pm. Blessed Sacrament Church, 179 Academy Ave., Providence
Family Holiday Spectacular: Get Santa's List!
Here's a cautionary tale for the naughty kids. The Contemporary Theatre in Wakefield presents "Get Santa's List!", a new holiday family show full of songs, fun, and a few surprises. How will three naughty kids avoid coal in their stockings? They could be good for the rest of the year...or they could simply travel to the North Pole and steal Santa's famed Naughty/Nice list. With the help of a snowman and a magic talking dog, they travel to the North Pole and along the way they learn what it truly means to be good, and that sometimes helping a friend means more than getting lots of toys. Comes complete with a Snacktivity Break!
Saturday, December 21 at 10:30 am. Tickets are $5, and children under 5 pay their age. The Contemporary Theatre, 327 Main St., Wakefield.
Christmas at Blithewold
If you thought the mansions of RI were beatiful before, you'll be stunned to see them now. A special treat awaits visitors of Blithewold, where almost every room in the mansion is decorated with a new Christmas theme every year. In addition to a tour, check out the 18 ft Christmas tree, music performances, teas, sing-a-longs with Santa, and more.
Tuesday-Sunday 11am-5pm. Buy your admission tickets online here, or at the door. Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum, 101 Ferry Rd., Bristol.
Church of Providence: War on Giftmas
Fete is the place to be for concertgoers this Christmas. This Thursday Check out Church of Providence: War on Giftmas. Presented by Strange Famous Records & Rival Brewing and hosted by B. Dolan and Madge of Honor, the event will feature Grey Sky Appeal, Providence Poetry Slam Showcase, Sweet Lorraine (Of Brown Girl Burlesque), Contortionist Daniel Patrick, Miles Grimes & Swan Notty, and Lil V.
Tickets $10. December 19, 8:30pm. Fete Lounge, 103 Dike St., Providence.
MIracle on 34th Street, The Musical
Head to the Ocean State Theatre for a popular holiday story, revamped! Miracle on 34th Street, The Musical follows a white-bearded gentleman who claims to be the real Santa Claus. And between teaching the Macys and Gimbels how to make peace and convincing a divorced, cynical single mother, her somber daughter, and the entire state of New York that Santa Claus is no myth, he just might be. Filled with humor, spectacle, and delightful songs, this joyous, heart-warming musical is the perfect holiday treat for the whole family.
Click here for show times and tickets. Ocean State Theatre, 1245 Jefferson Blvd., Warwick.
New Year's Eve parties
As usual, there will be no shortage of partying on Rhode Island come New Year's Eve. No plans yet? Ultra and Roxy's have got you covered, hosting two of the hotest NYE parties this year. Bring your friends (and someone to kiss once the clock strikes 12) and ring in the new year in style.
- 2013 Holiday Guide: 10 Tips For Tipping
- 30 Ways For Rhode Islanders To Give This Holiday Season
- 5 Tips For Organizing + Storing Your Holiday Decorations
- Fit For Life: Don’t ‘Sabotage’ Your Holidays
- Getting Out: 14 Shopping Getaways For The Holiday Season
- Happy Holidays, Rhode Island!
- Holiday Shopping Guide 2013: Gifts That Are Pure Rhode Island
- Holiday Shopping Guide 2013: Great Rhode Island Gifts for Her
- MUSIC: Tapestries Ring In The Holidays at Dusk
- NEW: RI Officials Launch ‘Operation Holiday Cheer’ For Troops
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Same-Sex Etiquette for the Holidays
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Thanksgiving Tips for Holiday Cheer
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: The Perfect LBD for the Holidays
- Organize + Energize: Clear the Clutter For the Holidays
- Organize + Energize: Dealing With Holiday Stress
- Organize + Energize: Get Organized For the Holidays
- Organize + Energize: Organizing Your Holiday Decorations
- Organize + Energize: Simplify the Holiday Season
- RI Beauty Insider: Holiday Gift Sets – A Perfect Gift for Her
- RI Company to Provide Free Holiday Meals for 2,000 Rhode Islanders
- Shopping Tips + Managing Kids’ Expectations For The Holidays
- State Report: Lawmakers Play Holiday Blackjack, Recalls + Grants
- The Cellar: Red, White, Rose–3 Wines For The Holiday Weekend
- The LOOK: Easy, Effortlessly Holiday Hair For Your Company Party
- Urban Gardener: Garden Holiday Cheer!